This three-day course is a comprehensive presentation of the diagnosis, treatment and syndromal management of bacterial and viral STDs - including an update of currently available STD tests and test performance characteristics.
Continuing Education designated for Physicians:
- This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Region II STD/HIV Prevention Training Center. CDC is accredited by the ACCME® to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this educational activity for a maximum of 21 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education designated for Non-Physicians (Physician Assistants):
- Non-physicians will receive a certificate of participation, which reflects the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ designated for the training.
For Continuing Nursing Education for Nurses (CNE):
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- This activity provides 21 contact hours.
1) Participants will only be given credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
2) We must receive all evaluation forms before we can issue a CE certificate:
a. Evaluation Form
b. Immediate Post Course Self-Assessment
Topics covered in this course include:
- Review of sexual history taking, examination, and behavioral change counseling of clients with STDs, including HIV; and
- Two days of hands-on clinical and laboratory experience in a busy, urban STD clinic, with a clinical preceptor.
Prerequisite: You must be a clinician.
Audience: Clinicians working in STD, family planning, or other primary care clinics.