This one-day training is intended to increase non-clinical health and human service provider's capacity to design well-informed targeted recruitment strategies. Recruitment strategies addressed in this training will focus on identifying and engaging persons who are at high risk and with unknown HIV status, in HIV testing services.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use quantitative data to be strategic in recruitment related to HIV testing;
- Use qualitative data to be strategic in recruitment related to HIV testing;
- Use qualitative methods to collect key information to better understand the targeted population;
- Build trusting relationships with targeted population;
- Understand the role of incentives and referrals; and
- Determine if a recruitment plan is providing desired outcomes related to HIV testing.
Audience: All health and human services providers of agencies who plan and/or conduct recruitment activities for targeted HIV testing.